Please DON’T Be a Leader! In this episode, we are going to speak directly to those that are interested in being a new leader…and we are going try and talk you out of it. We will cover 10 things you should know before you make that decision to step forward and accept a leadership position.
10 Things You Need to Know Before You Decide To Become a Leader:
- Leadership is not always fun. In fact, it can kind of suck sometimes.
- People misbehave and you still have to work with their faults and failures to get results.
- Leadership magnifies and tests your character.
- Leadership means you have a duty act. You have to protect your people from hurting themselves or others even if they don’t like it.
- Leadership can make you arrogant.
- Leadership tests your personal life.
- Leadership can make you easily lose sight of your customer for your own convenience.
- When you become a leader, it is not about your individual competence and results anymore. It is about achieving results through others.
- Leadership forces you to have an opinion and to defend it.
- If you knew how hard being a leader really was you wouldn’t do it.
After hearing all the details of this list, you might find out that leadership is not for you. But if you have the heart to serve…then the world needs you. Please DO become a leader.